Saturday 12 December 2009

Prop Bets, running bad and dodgy computers

I'll keep this short as im not feeling too great and its a quick update so i can moan :)

We'll start with the positives - This bit wont take long at all! Im +$495.10 so far this month (even after my $219 downswing earlier tonight) which works out at 11.5% roi. Almost 2 weeks in and thats a lot less profit than i'd planned... Im guessing a lot of the reasoning behind that is volume though.

Bad Beat

Apart from being in profit for the month so far, the last few days have been poor. My desktops gone in for repair so i've been playing on my laptop a lot with an extra monitor plugged in. This was working fine but recently its been really laggy with the tables which has caused me to time out unknowingly and misclick etc which tilts me more than any bad beats. Hopefully the desktop should be back soon and im hoping to get a new one in a few months time if i keep doing ok at the tables.

Apart from the odd small upwsing, the games seem a real grind at the moment which is damaging my motivation - theres no way i'll hit platinum now this month as my volumes been really down on what id planned. Guess ill just maintain my Goldstar this month then crack on in the new year chasing Supernova.

After my losing session i thought id try to sort out my sngwizard which i cant seem to get to work. After messing with the settings and hand history folder locations for over an hour, i got nowhere so cant even review my play and see how bad ive been playing... *sigh* and to add to my frustrations, i think ive messed up my import settings for HE Manager which just makes me even more work.

Moving up.... Then back down :(

My bankroll got upto about $2900 so i decided to start playing some $27's mixed in with the $16's and a couple of $38 ones. Having sharkscoped the 27s and 38s, there seem to be a lot more fishy/losing players in them than at the 16s even. Can anyone shed some light on why? Im not sure if that means ill get a better roi in them - i cant imagine this could be the case but im a bit confused as to why there are so many regs in the 16s when these 27s and 38s are starting up full of people taking shots and losing players.

Any ideas?

My stats in the 27s were ok untill this evening when i think i barely cashed in any of the ones i played so its plumeted back into the red now! I've played 30 $27's and am showing a loss of $45...
in the 2 $38's i played ive got 2 2nds so have a +$113 profit from those. Huge sample size i know! lol

I'll post some pics from HE Manager once i have my desktop back rather than bore you with text...

MTT SnGs?

One thing playing on my mind a lot is whether i should start playing more mtt sngs.
Im showing a 50% roi in the $12 45 seaters and have a solid idea of how to play them. Ive just avoided them in the past because of the variance but my bankroll should easily be big enough for these games so i dont see why i shouldnt play them more. I just feel like i should stick grinding the stts as ive been doing ok at them. High volume in the 45s is still a bit of an unknown!

Has anyone looked into which is more profitable at these kind of stakes? STTs v 45 seaters on stars. Would be intersting to know a solid players $/hr rate from each...
I know which is higher for me at the moment but theres no way i can maintain my current $/hr rate in the 45s over high volume.

Prop Bets...

Ive never been big into betting and gambling but with all these prop bets about on the internet at the moment, my appetite had been wetted somewhat! My friends (who's grinding a bankroll up at the $6.50s) decided to propose one to me which i took up the offer of. Starting today over the next 2 weeks, taking him upto 11:59:59 ET on December 24th, He'sgoing to grind his way to Platinum star in just the $6.50 stts.

To the big grinders that may sound fairly easy going but considering the max number of games he'd ever played in 1 day was 150 i thought it was an ok bet so with odds of 100/80 (i pay him $100 if he does it, he gives me $80 if he fails) - He basically has to average about 140 sngs a day for 2 weeks.

So far today his volumes been insane and he's winning quite steadily as well which is making me feel awful (This makes me sound super mean - I really wanna see him do well, but i also want to win! lol). Not only am i feeling like ive already lost the bet after 1 day, but he's on an upswing right when ive gone and lost about 30% of my months earnings in less than 2 hours...

Fingers crossed things pick up a bit tomorrow! *sleeps*

p.s. Apologies - This post didnt stay too short - If you read my blog, you'll soon get used to my ramblings :)

No comments: