Sunday 19 October 2008

Ups and Downs...

Mixed feelings about my game the last few days. The negative variance has set in and Ive seen myself have a few losing sessions recently. Just keep losing all my big showdowns such as J's running into A's on a low flop, 9's into T's, K's V AQ on a Q high flop (all in on flop with a 3rd Q showing up on the turn) and the list goes on... On the plus side though, i think I'm getting the hang of utilising position, flop texture and aggression to win a lot more pots without going to showdown so despite my losses when it gets to showdown, Ive actually improved my red line and am for the first time showing a profit with Non Showdown Winnings! woo. It looks from the graph below like my losing at showdown stats are directly as a result of my improved non showdown winnings but i don't think they are really connected - just bad luck and perhaps some marginal calls on my behalf.



Overall, I'm still quite positive about my results at the cash tables so far... I'll continue to play at .10/.25 stakes for the moment simply to put in enough hands to get a decent idea of my BB's/100 earnings at the moment it's dropped down to a much more normal looking 8.32 BB's/100 but that's after my recent poor run. If things pick up and i can maintain a BB/100 of above 5/100 after 10,000 hands then I'll start playing at .25/.50 and start logging some hands there. Doubt I'll notice too much difference in play but still, going to do everything properly...


Away from the poker tables its also a mixed story. I had a terrible test day for rallying today - had no sleep (literally) over night, then over 5 hours of driving up and back to the test venue only for the drive shaft to go on the car as we pulled out of the garage 1st thing in the morning. Spent most the day under the car, trying and failing to botch it together so we could at least get some testing done - We failed though! On the other hand, i had an enjoyable evening at the Wheatus gig - good old and new memories. Ive also discovered that i can actually enjoy going out and drinking a few alcoholic beverages given the correct company! lol and also rediscovered my love of making new female friends. hmm. I'll leave it there...


Back to the Card Runner vids and Full Tilt tables tomorrow i guess!

No comments: