Monday 17 November 2008

It's a bit rough at sea...

It's been a few days since my last post so thought it was time for a quick update.
Things have actually picked up somewhat recently to an extent... won another 45 seater sng on November 13th for $154 and did some workings on my results, basically trying to get an idea of what are my strongest games. Ive come to the conclusion that its the smaller field mtt turbo sngs as they re basically like single tables only with an inflated prize pool. The fields aren't so big that its a total crap shoot by the end, just solid push/fold strategy. For this reason I've started playing the 18seater sngs as well (although things haven't been too smooth so far!) and we'll review how things progress...

Went to the Wales v Canada rugby game on Friday 14th which was rather dull. Wales playing a young team and saving their best players for the bigger games coming up which meant the game was quite scrappy and although Wales won, wasn't the best watch! played a bit of poker both before and after but didn't have too much luck, ending the day -$47.25 giving a monthly total of +$247.90

The weekend i haven't played a huge amount but equally the games i have played haven't been too kind! Saturday i played two 45 seat sng's and a 180 seater which resulted no $0 return so i ended -$36 and Sunday's been even worse... Two 45 seat sng's and 4 18 seaters with absolutely no return...

Saturday (and the later games on Friday actually) i didn't play too well so im not so annoyed about those as i stopped early and cut my losses. Sundays games have been very frustrating though! early exits out of the 45 seat sngs which perhaps i could've avoided. things like TPTK v aces, etc. The 18 seaters have been annoying though bubbling 2 of them once with Q's v A9 and then AT v KJ (i was the one shoving, not calling in both situations) and got 7th in another which again wasn't too full of luck! It's only a small sample size though so I'll stick at them. Perhaps pokers just not profitable anymore... lol I find it bizarre how even a day of poker can change your opinions on it so massively. The cards aren't noticeably much different, just the outcomes after the community cards are dealt and i think it hurts more as Ive been used to making a lot more than i am at the moment and i cant fathom out why I'm struggling so much these days! Not sure if it's variance, game selection, my play or whether i was just getting it good before... I could really do with a nice score again soon though.

Perhaps getting backing could be an option allowing me to play higher stakes... I'm really not sure! I think even small swings effect me a bit though, maybe not my game but i don't like losing money too much! lol

No comments: